Joker Monologue

 The Dark Knight: Monologue by the Joker

Osajie Imevbore


What did I learn?: In choosing this monologue, I had to dive deep into my style of theater and think of pieces I would enjoy performing. I learned that performing scenes with increasing tension and suspense is where my interest lied. After learning this, choosing a monologue embodying these traits was my new task


What did I do well in?: I 100% feel that this monologue is one of the best performances I have ever done, the versatility of Heath Ledger's the Joker is a huge task to take upon, and as much as I feel like with props and more theatrical effects it would be better, I think I did a good job. With help from my classmates and teacher, I was able to make the decision to merge both monologues I had chosen and blend them into this perfect performance.


What was difficult: Like I mentioned earlier, the versatility and bipolar traits of Heath Ledger's Joker were a huge task to tackle. The sudden mood switches from menacing happiness to sinister laughs, to heinous comments and actions, embodying this character was quite difficult. I had to mentally prepare myself to act insane and out of control. 


What do I need to work on?: Listening back to my recording, I think I need to work on the clarity of my lines. I also need to try to make sure I use one accent throughout without switching from British to American mid-performance.


Link to my perform: https://share.icloud.com/photos/0pVzWLH6PeE3Ajj1FGW3ZMpjw#Fulton


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Research Grotowski and Peter Brook

Watch TIKTBT on Digital Theater Plus by this date. Take some notes and post on the blog.

Pipeline by Dominique Morisseau